How to prepare for your visit
Listed below are important details to be aware of that will help you be more prepared for your visit:
IMPORTANT: If you have previous x-rays or diagnostic tests pertinent to the injury being evaluated, please bring those images on disk and report with you. This will prevent duplication of testing and unnecessary charges that may or may not be covered by your insurance plan. Scans or X-rays may be supplied to you on film or CD.
- It is important to bring your current insurance card (s) and photo identification with you to each and every appointment.
- Please be prepared to pay all co-payment at each appointment. If you do not have insurance, please be prepared to make a payment in full. You are welcome to speak with our billing department directly.
- If your injury is work related, pre-authorization is required before an appointment is scheduled. If you report the injury as a worker’s compensation claim during your visit and your appointment was not pre-authorized, you are responsible for the fees. You must present WC claim number and name, address, and phone of insurance company responsible.
- If your insurance requires a referral, please make sure you requested a copy be sent to our office before your appointment. Patients without referrals will be rescheduled.
- Patients under the age of 18 MUST have a parent or guardian present for the visit.
- Bring a list of all current medications, including over the counter medicines and vitamins.
- We encourage you to come prepared with questions and concerns. Feel free to bring a pen and paper to take notes during your visit to help you remember everything that you will learn.
- We realize the value of your time, during your visit our Physicians try to stay on schedule for each appointment. However, due to the nature of orthopaedic problems, some delays may occur, as some patients present more complex or urgent problems requiring an extended evaluation. We thank you for your understanding and patience if this should occur.
- Please call and let us know if you will be late for your appointment, and understand that we may need to reschedule your appointment. If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please notify us 24 hours in advance so that we may use that time for other patients.
How do I schedule an appointment?
Contact us at 570-628-6858 to schedule your initial evaluation with PA Muscle Bone and Joint LLC. For fastest service please check with your insurance provider about your coverage before contacting us. Depending on your needs, your treatment plan can include injections for pain, a custom fitted brace and/or in office therapy sessions.
Do I need a referral?
It is up to you to determine what your insurance plan requires of you. Everyone’s insurance plan is different. It is essential that you are familiar with the requirements of your particular plan. If we do not participate with your insurance company, you must obtain an out-of-network referral before your visit by contacting your primary care physician (PCP). Your primary care physician should give you a written referral including the date of your initial evaluation and the problem you will be consulting the doctor about. Remember to hand in the referral at the front desk when you arrive.
Even if we do participate with your insurance, you still may incur an extra fee if you attend your initial evaluation without a referral. Please understand the demands of your insurance plan before starting treatment.
What if my doctor refers me to a different orthopedist?
It is always YOUR CHOICE who treats you. Even if your primary care physician recommends an alternate orthopedist you may request Dr. D’Arco instead for a second opinion or consultation.
What are my options if my insurance company does not approve of my treatment plan?
Your insurance company may require that you receive preauthorization for certain types of treatment. Even if your insurance company denies a treatment you have the option to file an appeal with your insurance company’s customer service department. If you choose to proceed with a treatment after being denied approval, understand that you will be required to make all payments.
What happens if I request that you complete outside forms not required by my insurer?
In accordance with standard practice PA Muscle Bone & Joint charges a nominal fee to complete forms.
Also, we will review additional forms list and send over any that are considered worthwhile
- PATIENT EDUCATION
- Orthopedic Services
- See our latest ad in The Republican-Herald